Many of the project that SCI works on are organised with the intention to bring effective social change. ‘’Branching out: (re)connecting ideas’’ is a project supported by European Youth Foundation that focuses on collecting and sharing best practices when it comes to working with refugees and asylum seekers. The project is part of Building Bridges campaign.
The project has three main activities:
- Community forum: unique platform where SCI branches, other organizations and volunteer groups will come together, exchange experience and become inspired for their future work
- Local activities: connect the local communities and target groups, while promoting peace through cooperation, using volunteer work as a medium, each done according to the local context.
- Strategic planning workshop: a place where SCI branches and other organizations will be able to discuss future strategies on working with young refugees/migrants and evaluate their past actions.
Aims of the project are:
- Create learning opportunities for young people and volunteer-based organisations to increase their capacities to act as change makers
- Systematically engage the target groups into volunteer-based activities in Europe
- Give young people and organisations a voice in formulating their vision for SCI’s work in this area by coshaping the SCI’s Strategic plan 2019-22 and beyond.
Read more about the project by clicking here.